This summer has been really incredible weather-wise and I feel like we've gotten to do a lot of fun things outside. With school just around the corner, we're trying to soak up a few more outings before fall returns.
A couple of weeks ago, we went to Brookfield Zoo with Christy and Kali. We took the tram and got off before we made it back to our original stop, so Miles ended up walking and I had to carry Paige for most of the morning. I'm happy to report that everyone left as happy as they came.
(When putting these posts together, I realized that Paige has worn this shirt many of the days when I took lots of pictures. She does have other clothes. At any rate, thanks to Will's mom for giving it to her when she was born!)
The two older kids have also been in a siblings class at My Gym this summer. It's been a fun activity for them to do together. Paige is usually either observing in her car seat or I carry her as she's not quite old enough to participate.
After the siblings class, Brooke does a "dance class" there (she's in the white skirt). The performance at the end of each class is kind of a train wreck, but it's an entertaining train wreck.
While Brooke's in that class, the two younger kids and I have an hour to kill. There's a pet store in the same strip mall...
And a Dunkin' Donuts.
We also went to Cantigny Park with Christy and Kali. How have I lived a mile away from this place and never been?!?
The kids liked climbing on the old tanks. We also walked through the museum, but quickly. I'd like to go back someday with more time to enjoy it.
Finally, Grammie Deb and Grandpa took the kids to Willowbrook last week when Paige and I flew to St. Louis for my dad's heart procedure (thankfully everything went smoothly). It looked and sounded like they had a good time!
We also continue to enjoy the local playgrounds. We're going to keep soaking up summer as long as we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment