Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Randoms


Paige's big brother and big sister continue to be enamored with her and I dare say she's starting to return the sentiment. Granted, she's pretty smiley in general these days, but I genuinely think she's recognizing them. Now that she's able to hold on to things better, they love to bring (often not age-appropriate) toys to her.


This little guy continues to give me a run for my money. One minute he's being pretty feisty toward me, and the next he's incredibly affectionate. I wish I could remember why I took this picture. I'm sure he was pouting about something.


He's taken to carrying around one of Brooke's dolls that he calls "Baby Dup-e-duh" (translation: Bubble Guppy). Speaking of translation, he's talking more and more. Multi-syllabic words are still tricky for him and we both get frustrated at times, but he keeps trying. This picture is of him trying to nurse a doll.


It's always entertaining to see how Brooke will emerge from her afternoon rest time. On this day, she wanted to "do her work" outside (even though it was rainy), so she took her snack and computer out to the patio (which isn't typically as messy as it is in this picture).


I don't remember her story behind this outfit, but it's quite 80's, isn't it?


Pirate-baker-princess?


She worked hard on this sign. It read, "It's July." She made it on July 31 and really wanted to hang it outside.


Wearing her glow-in-the-dark jewelry from Gigi.


Baking helpers. They love their aprons. They continue to either play really well together or bicker incessantly.


Miles took this picture of Paige. Not bad!


Speaking of Paige, she's decided that she doesn't want to make things too easy on us and has taken to waking up once in the middle of the night. We'll see what the doctor says about this, but since she's probably our last baby, I'm happy to get the extra cuddle time in for now. (As my friend Michelle said, "And so begins her role as the youngest child...")


She's getting much more comfortable on her tummy and has come close to rolling over a couple of times. She's consistently getting naps in the morning when we eat breakfast and in the afternoon when Miles naps. When we're out and about in the later morning, she dozes on and off.


That's about it from here right now. We'll try to stay busy having fun and post some more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment