Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Saint Louis Summer


We spent several days in St. Louis a couple of weeks ago, wanting to get as much time in as possible with Lexi before she headed to Kindergarten (How is she old enough for that?!? I still can't talk about it. And I absolutely can't even think about this time next year for us. I digress.). Originally, it was going to just be a fun visit, then my dad had a heart procedure scheduled for while we were down there so I didn't make any plans, then on the day that we arrived, the procedure got moved to the following week. This left us kind of scrambling for things to do. Our first day there was rainy, and my grandparents (the kids' GREAT grandparents) graciously volunteered to watch the kids for a few hours while Krissi and I went shopping. I'm not sure who was most tired by the end of that morning.


The next day, Krissi found a deal for half-off Six Flags tickets, so we decided to take the kids. It was a ton of fun. Due to pregnancy, I had missed out on roller coasters on our last two big amusement park trips. It's almost worth being pregnant to not have to go on some of those things. But the girls loved them, and it's so fun to see them having a blast.



(As usual, thanks to Krissi for many of these pictures.)


(Notice Tim too intent on beating the children to even look at the camera.)


Biggest ice cream cones ever. And a perfect end to the day.




Of course, Paige was awesome the whole time. The day wasn't too hot so I think she was pretty comfortable.






Tim and the girls in the front row of the Tidal Wave.



The boys weren't quite big enough for many of the rides, but they had fun on all the kiddie rides.





This is the girls in the row ahead of me on the Screamin' Eagle. I don't remember that thing being so painful during my teen years. I'm sure it's just because the ride isn't as smooth in it's old age.


Thunder River. Miles' curls might have given him the extra inch he needed to get on this one.


The Log Flume was more fun than I remembered. When did I turn into an old person?!?



We also went and saw "How to Train Your Dragon 2." I was a little distracted keeping Miles and Paige quiet, but it was a little more violent than I expected. Brooke hasn't mentioned it since so it must not have scarred her too much.


Miles catching up on some emails at Tim and Krissi's.


Paige got in lots of cuddle time. Here she is with Uncle Joel.


And Grandma.


And the girls. We're so excited to be adding another little lady to this mix. As I told Krissi, if they keep wanting to match, this has the potential to get really expensive.


The boys also got some play time in with Papa. It was a great visit that was once again over much too quickly!






No comments:

Post a Comment