Last fall, I was reminiscing with Krissi about how much fun we had at Disney last year. She decided to do a little research and I decided to do a little convincing, and we found ourselves on our way to Florida a couple of weeks ago.
My thought is that, while the kids are young enough that it's still such a magical place and we're able to swing it, why not? Plus, with Miles being almost two and Luke almost three, the kids were all at a really good age to fully enjoy the experience without having to worry too much about nap and feeding times. While I wouldn't say that 7+ months pregnant is an ideal time to go walk 10 miles a day, I would much prefer that to going with a little baby.
I'm telling you, the place is magic. Or at least incredibly well-marketed. There are activities for the kids from the minute you get off the "Magical Express" from the airport. They were having a blast with the hopscotch before we even checked in to the hotel.
We quickly dropped our bags in our room and headed to the Magic Kingdom, where Brooke was reunited with her bestie, "Re-punzel" as she calls her (and I'll never correct her).
Snow White was also there and got to hear all about our travels that day ("We took a bus, then a plane, then another bus and another bus to get here!"). Bless these "cast members'" hearts for being as good with the kids as they are.
Miles wasn't too sure about all of it.
The next day, we started bright and early at Epcot. Matt and Brooke went on a roller coaster while Miles and I went on a more leisurely ride (this would become a theme of the trip - again, theme parks while pregnant aren't the best idea). Then we met up for a few rides before Tim, Krissi and the kids arrived. Brooke hated this Nemo ride.
We met a few more characters. Miles loved seeing them was happy as long as he was held while meeting them.
A couple of our only full-family pics from the trip.
They had a really cool aquarium there, too.
Chip and Dale. Again, Miles wasn't too sure about all of it.
Then, Lexi and Lukey arrived!!! I forgot to mention that we hadn't told Brooke that we'd be going to Disney until we got there, and then didn't tell her that the Timmermans were coming until we actually saw them. It was a couple of really fun surprises that we caught on video. Some day I'll post them to the blog. I figured this was enough of a photo dump for now, though.
Ah, the Frozen girls. They were at Epcot and we were expecting a long line, but when we got to where they were, we were told it was about a 4-hour wait. After much debate, we decided to take advantage of having 4 adults to switch off and endure the wait. We ended up *only* waiting around 2 1/2 hours (and for the record, I won the debate). The kids were thrilled. Although Matt's pointed out since then that Brooke hasn't really talked about meeting them more than any of our other experiences there.
Meeting Tiana and Prince Naveen. Brooke was wary of Naveen so she opted out of this picture.
Wreck-It Ralph. We haven't seen the movie but still loved this guy.
Miles warming up to one of the Chipmunks. Okay, I'm only going to spare you and only comment on the exceptional character meetings from here on out.
Our second or third time meeting Snow White.
On our second day at the Magic Kingdom, we put in 14 hours and capped it off with a Princess Dinner at Cinderella's castle. I'm so impressed with how well the kids did despite being stretched.
We also went to a Disney Junior lunch at Hollywood Studios. Krissi made these super-cute invitations for each of the kids. Brooke carried hers around all day. These were probably Miles' favorite characters to meet as he's seen them all more often on TV.
Matt told Handy Manny that he was his inspiration for all of Matt's handiwork around the house.
And on to the rides. As I mentioned, Miles and I (and Luke, Miles and I for that matter) got in some quality time while all the big kids were on the more adventurous rides. Here we are his first (of probably 5) time on Dumbo.
There's a little play area in the middle of the Dumbo line. Great idea! While we tend to worry about Brooke being more assertive for herself, I have to watch Miles like a hawk when he's around other kids. For instance, he pushed another little guy out of the way on this slide.
Brooke "driving".
We're #1! We beat Daddy and Miles!
"It's a Small World."
Even Matt was captivated.
Everybody riding Dumbo together. Aw.
Fireworks...or "hot" as Miles calls them. For our first few nights back home, he was looking for there to be fireworks in Wheaton.
Love this one.
Brooke doing Test Track - Matt's favorite ride of the trip.
Pretending to be scared on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Brooke's favorite ride of the trip.
Matt and Brooke have a shared love for roller coasters. Brooke is really scared of dark rides or rides with villains in them, but as long as it goes fast or has big drops, she'll do it. Example: She hated the Buzz Lightyear ride because of a scene with aliens, but loved Tower of Terror. Crazy girl.
"Enchanted Tales with Belle" Brooke played Chip.
And no joke, without volunteering, the two guys were selected to be the soldiers.
I take it back, Matt's favorite "ride" was probably "Beers Around the World" at Epcot.
These two girls. Love them and how much they love each other (usually) so much.
Sitting next to each other riding the shuttle. They felt like big shots.
The girls watching one of the parades.
And the boys are closely following suit. Although there's a little more pushing and getting into trouble together on their end.
Watching fireworks. I think Miles is thinking, "I just want to go to bed!"
On the choo-choo. We rode it more than once around the park.
This was the ONLY day they napped.
All four of them (obviously).
The boys watching the parade.
I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but Krissi did AMAZING planning for this trip. She was able to book all of our meals AND a visit for both girls together at the Bippity Boppity Boutique.
I could not believe what they were able to do with Brooke's hair! Her stylist said to me, "Well, I AM a fairy godmother in training."
Some days, I just want to freeze time. This was one of them.
Somehow, the only pic I have of them together madeover.
Love these two.
There was lots of dancing and singing. Everywhere. Whether there was music playing or not. In this picture, there was music playing.
It was so special to share the visit with Tim and Krissi. It really was a magical time and I'm so glad we went!
No comments:
Post a Comment