Saturday, February 8, 2014

February So Far...

 

In our recovery from all the travel and being out of our routine, we've had our fair share of vegging out. They (usually) really like to sit close when watching TV together.


This guy is getting more and more personality every day. He's also talking more, which is exciting, but also frustrating for both of us as I can no longer nod and smile when I don't understand him. He knows that I don't know what he's saying. He's very into "boy" things like balls and transportation, but loves to dance and belt out "Let It Go" with Brooke. He's still pretty cuddly, but can also be quick to throw a punch at whoever's in his way when he gets ticked off. (Not sure if I've said this before, but I'm pretty sure they get their tempers from my side of the family. In high school, I had what was know as the "Timmerman Snap.")


Oh, Brooke. She can go from hugging me and saying the sweetest thing to me one minute to glaring at me and using a tone that I think belongs to someone much older the next. Funny, I can remember doing the same thing to my mom...pretty much my whole life. So I guess it's time to buckle up and accept that she's a Girl. Interest-wise, she's been doing a lot of "motherly" things with her babies. She's also becoming more and more interested in letters and their sounds, which is a fun and funny time. I've also had some great conversations with her lately about God and Jesus, which is exciting to us. More than anything, I want our kids to know the amazing gift of unconditional love, grace and acceptance that He offers.


The plows on our street have been the source of some excitement at the windows. I was not nearly as excited when I got Matt's car stuck in one of their huge mounds in front of our driveway the other morning.


We had a play date with Grace, Tye and Dylan, complete with a "Frozen" concert.


This was Miles waiting for Brooke on her last day of speech. I think she went for 6 weeks, total. Some might say that she's at a good developmental age for her speech to improve quickly. I just say that she's a genius.


This is one of Miles' favorite signs of affection lately. What can you do?


This is the picture we submitted to Brooke's school for their pet notebook. Along with the picture, she said that her favorite thing to do with Ozzie was, "Play outside. He's my best dog ever!" This will also serve as her Kinderballet picture since I keep forgetting to take one when we're at the community center.


Spring has to be getting closer, right? Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment