Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poor Baby



I came home from my getaway to Miles with a runny nose and cough. A bad cough. Like, "pack a day smoker" cough that would wake him up and make him cry. I took him to the doctor and they diagnosed him with an ear infection and RSV (Sidenote: I'm wondering how many undiagnosed ear infections Brooke has had. It seems like every time I take the kids in lately with a cold, they have one. Maybe her ears aren't as impressive as I'd thought.). Brooke also had RSV as a baby, but she was much younger and needed a nebulizer. (That must've been before I was doing blog posts bragging about my children's illnesses.) For Miles, they pretty much said to come back in if he started wheezing. Otherwise, stay away from other kids for a few days because he was highly contagious. Thankfully, wheezing never developed and he seems to be feeling much better.


It was actually nice to have a reason to lay low and just hang out with my kids all day. Brooke was very sweet in helping take care of him.

 

And if you couldn't hear him cough or see the sad condition of his nose, you'd have no idea he wasn't feeling well. Brooke and I did some baking that day. We made a "menu" of things that we could bake and she had Matt choose. (She loves to play waitress.) Here she is giving her muffins a "thumbs up."


And Miles entertained himself in the kitchen. He's already starting to open drawers, which Brooke never did. I think the babyproofing is going to have to be a little more thorough for him.




No comments:

Post a Comment