Since I was doing a post about Miles, I thought I'd throw in an update about Brooke.
She got this microphone for Christmas and one of our daily games has become "Introduce Me" - She'll leave the room, then I'll have to give a big introduction and she'll come running out and say, "Clap for me, Mommy." She'll usually sing a part of a song or two before she's ready to be introduced again. She starts ballet today so maybe that will be a good outlet for her need to perform? Another favorite game of hers is "Car" - we'll climb in a chair or couch together and she'll come up with some elaborate story about where we're going. This game reveals quite a bit about me. Our most common destinations are "getting coffee" or "Target".
She's still a great big sister, although she's not a fan of Miles getting into her things. I have the feeling we'll be talking quite a bit about sharing once he's more independently mobile. I need to be better about writing some of the funny things she says. One of the more funny and memorable recent lines was, "Can I have a drink of your soda, Daddy?" Pause. "I'm a mooch!"
She's quite the girl, complete with seemingly irrational mood swings and meltdowns, usually a couple of times a day. Her reactions during these times can also be quite telling of how she's seen us react. It's good impetus to make me want to be a better example, especially to be more patient and calm. The rest of the time, she's very outgoing, happy, helpful and compliant. This purse was another Christmas gift that was a big hit. She likes to take it everywhere with us. The other day at Target (surprised?) she said, "I can pay with my credit card, Mommy." What a sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment