Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy Christmas


We arrived back from St. Louis on Christmas Eve night. This is the first year that Brooke was old enough to want to leave out milk and cookies for Santa. Unfortunately, because we were only going to be home for 36 hours in an almost 3 week period, Santa had to make do with Golden Oreos and lemonade. We also didn't have carrots for the reindeer, but they were happy with their apple slices.


The first thing that Brooke asked when we woke her up (finally, at almost 9 - of course) was if she could go get her computer with a pen. Fail for Santa, score for Grandma Audie. She was still very excited and appreciative of the things she got from us as well as the Calico Critters that Santa brought. I was relieved to see that. It's hard enough for me to maintain balance and perspective during this season, let alone try to instill that into my 3-year-old.


Ozzie was pretty excited about his stocking, too.


Isn't Matt romantic? Not really, but he is pretty funny.



After a quick breakfast of cinnamon rolls, we headed over to Matt's parents where there was more food and drink awaiting us (notice the sippy cup and bottle?).


Our annual photo. We're running out of room beneath the mantle!


I love this shot of her face! I'm not even sure what it was she was opening...


Checking out her "writing computer" from Aunt Jamie and Will.


Miles wanted to give Uncle Mike's new iron a try.




Awkward smile.


Miles got his own "Baby"!


Then, it was on to Grandma Audie's for MORE food and gifts.


I wish I had captured a picture of Brooke opening her computer. She was thrilled to say the least.


We went home for naps (and Matt and me frantically packing), then headed back over to Matt's parents' for dinner. Of course we had to get some photo ops before eating.





Jane and I missed the "red" memo.



It was a busy but fun day. Merry Christmas, one last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment