Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Miles at 9 Months



Miles turned 9 months old while we were in Florida. I feel like I've commented on it often, but he continues to be a really easygoing, happy baby.


 At his doctor's appointment last week, he was in the 65% for head circumference, 95% for height, and 25% for weight. (The sheet with the actual numbers is in his room and he's napping right now. I'll add them later if I get time. Ha!) He doesn't seem that long or that skinny to me so I was a little surprised by those numbers. He's now on formula and drinks about 22 oz. per day in 3 bottles. He can hold his own bottle, but needs a little cueing, especially if there's other stuff going on. He's also eating 3 solid meals per day and snacking on some of our table food in tiny bits and eating puffs. He's going to bed around 6:30-7 and sleeping until 6:30 or 7 the next morning. He'll usually take about an hour long morning nap and nap for a couple of hours in the afternoon.


He's become quite a flirt. He can wave, but usually prefers to point at whomever he would be waving to. He loves everything Brooke does. Even if she's in the middle of a temper tantrum or taking something away from him, he'll smile and laugh at her. They've recently started a game where they scream at one another in the backseat of the car. It's cute. For now.


He likes to remind us that he's a boy. He'll throw almost anything he can get his hands on (he's already throwing better than Brooke did when she was two). If you lay him on his back, he immediately flips to his tummy. Diaper and clothes changing has become a wrestling match that he finds hilarious. He's rotating all over and scooting backward, still no crawling, though. He's a pro at both static and dynamic sitting (I like to throw in an OT term or two every once in awhile).


He's such a joy and we're so blessed that he's ours. I'll leave you with one of his party tricks:








No comments:

Post a Comment