We're now a family of four. It's not sounding as scary to say and is now feeling natural. It helps that Miles is still in his sleepy stage. He's usually out cold until at least 9 am, which gives me at least an hour to hang out with Brooke. And both kids have been napping pretty solidly for a couple of hours in the afternoon, when I probably should be napping too, but instead I end up doing things like cleaning and updating the blog.
Brooke still loves having Miles around as far as we can tell. She's been pretty clingy to me and will occasionally want to be a "baby" (i.e. be carried downstairs, lay in the crib), but as of now we haven't seen any aggression towards Miles.More on her in my next post.
Usually when Matt gets home from work, he'll take Brooke outside for some one-on-one time, which I know is really special for both of them. Also, thanks to Matt and my mother-in-law, I've been able to get some one-on-one time of my own with each of the kids. While there are certainly moments that it seems like everyone/thing in the house needs me IMMEDIATELY, overall things are manageable.
I've been able to get out of the house the last week or so and am no longer intimidated to take both of them out at the same time (although if there's a way to avoid it, I will). Thank God for double strollers and those giant carts.
And then there's this guy. He does a great job of not letting himself be forgotten. I'm looking forward to the day when I can send all three of them out into the backyard to wear each other out. Maybe by June?
No comments:
Post a Comment