As my family's left and Matt's gone back to work this week, Brooke, Miles and I are adjusting to what life's really going to be like now. Granted, Miles is still sleeping a ton (minus the hours of 8 pm - 12 am, but I really can't complain), but I think we're all doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house more, but for now it's kind of nice to have to take a leisurely pace. That's not usually a strength of mine (thank you, Timmerman genes).
On Monday we were able to celebrate Ozzie's 5th birthday. I didn't make the cake that I usually do thanks to some missing baking soda, but he seemed happy with a glob of peanut butter, carrots and honey. And Brooke was really excited to sing to him. If you think this is crazy, you should have seen me 4 years and 2 fewer kids ago.
Now there's photographic evidence that Brooke can smile on command (and that we got a new backsplash - yay!).
I'm truly feeling overwhelmed with how blessed I am and am really trying to take in the amazing and undeserved gifts that I've been given. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment