Miles is three weeks old today. We think he's pretty cute, but also realize that all parents of newborns think that, and to most people, they're kind of all pink shriveled blobs for the first couple of months.
At this point, I would characterize Miles as an average to good baby. We're *kind of* getting the hang of nights - although he still likes to keep us (/me) on our (/my) toes by throwing in a rougher night here or there. Generally, he's down around 11 and wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to eat but falls back asleep pretty quickly.
He's still pretty sleepy most of the day.
Speaking of eating, he likes to do it. A lot. When he's awake, it's every 2 hours. I think we've gone 4 hours two or three times. He was up to 8 lb, 10 oz at his 2 week appointment, so I guess it's sticking. Thank God we were cleared to introduce a bottle last week. I had really missed pumping.
He HATES dirty diapers. But he also HATES having his diaper changed. We're working on rationalizing with him through that one. Oh, and diapers are SO much less scary a couple of weeks into having a boy. Those first couple of weeks - whoa. Just everything about the diaper-situation-area-experience. Whoa.
He's starting to "wake up" and be more alert and in tune to us, which is so much fun. (Don't be fooled - this was not an actual smile. He was working on something as I took the picture. Also, for all of the complaining I've done about technology/my camera phone, it has allowed for some great shots I wouldn't have otherwise gotten.)
It's hard to believe that a month ago we didn't know this little man. He really is a sweetie and I apologize for the redundancy, but we're very blessed.
***Not a fan of the new Blogger format, FYI.***
Sounds like things are going well. Love the sports themed "Miles" shirt picture. Ahh... the joys of having a boy. It's a different game completely. :) He is really cute. Looking forward to seeing you all sometime soon. Take Care~ Auntie Di
ReplyDelete