Monday, January 23, 2012

Little Drummer Girl

Something that Brooke has consistently been interested in is "in-truments" of pretty much any kind. She especially loves the drums and I'll have to get a photo of her on my Dad's drum set the next time we're down there.

A new favorite game of hers is having Matt and I play "moo-sic" with her. One person will be on the mic and the other two will rotate between piano, guitar and recorder. I bought her a cheap harmonica for Christmas, but you get what you pay for and none of us can get it to make music. I'm on the hunt for a better one.

So imagine my delight when on one of my tri-weekly Target trips I stopped by the dollar bins and found tambourines, triangles, xylophones, and even a little drum. I brought them home yesterday and for the past 24 hours or so Brooke has been leading us in "marching band" around the house. We tried to get a decent video of it yesterday, but didn't.

(Pardon the W-sitting. She's just started that again and it's driving the OT in me crazy!)

She's at an incredibly fun - and funny - age where she's able to communicate well enough to direct play and it's amazing to see her imagination at work. Granted, that also means she can communicate well enough to protest when she doesn't get to direct things ("I don't lite to __!" is a new favorite phrase), but we're happy to take the bad with the good.

2 comments:

  1. Amalie does the W sitting and I tell her not to too. Brooke doesn't look as comfortable sitting like that as Amalie, which I think would make you feel better... :)

    I went for 4 weeks without going to Target! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 weeks without Target? It's a miracle if Jaimie goes 4 days!

      Delete