Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow Much Fun


We got our first real snow accumulation here the other day (not until mid-January, hallelujah!). Brooke and Aunt Jamie "shoveled" outside while waiting for me to pick her up. I was pretty excited for her to experience the first snow that she actually knew what was going on - and could walk.


That evening, we tried to take her back out in it, but after spending 10 minutes getting her bundled up, she (& I) lasted about 5 minutes outside before complaining of being cold.


We decided to give it a try again today, complete with sleds. Unfortunately, it was SO warm that the snow was melting. Sledding isn't quite as exciting when Daddy's pushing you the whole way - but that actually may be what our cautious little girl needed to remember it fondly and eventually try skiing, which Matt's already (probably legitimately, considering my hatred of the sport) concerned about.




We also spent quite awhile working on Daddy, Mommy, Brookie and Ozzie snowmen.










And capped off the morning with some hot chocolate and marshmallows. I swear she enjoyed it...I CANNOT get her to smile for me for a picture these days.

Okay, we had our fun with the snow. Bring on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment