Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If I Ran the Zoo...


So, this title doesn't really fit the post, but I try to keep the post titles creative and this is the only thing that was coming to me related to zoos (that and Zumanity, the Cirque du Soleil show that's pretty risque and inappropriate to reference in a blog about my child).

ANYWAY. Brooke's been to a couple of zoos in the last few weeks. First, we checked out the St. Louis Zoo with my dad, brother and Lexi. Of course we picked one of the hottest days of the year and I was a little distracted so this is the only photo I got of that outing. I will say that visiting that zoo again made me realize how amazing (and FREE) it is. Brooke loved the penguin exhibit. The combo of cold air, water, and close proximity to animals is a no fail equation in my opinion.

Then yesterday we checked out Cosley Zoo in Wheaton with Grammie and Aunt Jamie. It was free for everyone but me (Non-resident...I even tried to flash my District 200 employee bling but they weren't impressed) and is a great place for younger kiddos. It's fun to see Brooke actually checking things out. She especially likes the exhibits where the animals are big and close up (duh). Of course, she was also just as entertained by the little girls running around, but I didn't get any shots of that.


There's really something about viewing the world through the eyes of a child that gives you a renewed appreciation for how amazing and creative God's creation is. It excites me to continue to rediscover the world through her eyes. Here's another example of my stellar photography skills. Sorry, Jamie!

I've never been one to want a lot of photos of myself, but I've decided that for posterity it might be nice if I'm in a few shots with The Girl, even if it means explaining to her why I sometimes look like I have 5 chins.

1 comment: