It's safe to say that we've found Brooke's favorite organized sport that she's played so far. Despite a season that had several weeks of 3 games, she always looked forward to her softball games. Of course, the cheering from the bench didn't hurt.
I'm sure that it also helped that Matt was her coach, but it's a sport that she's always willing to spend extra time practicing. She'd even play catch with teammates when she was sitting out for an inning.
Miles and Paige were troopers coming to all of her games.
She was a lucky girl to have a lot of family support. I think that she had someone besides our immediate family at every game to cheer her on. (Which we appreciate - these games aren't the fastest moving or most enthralling.)
It was fun to see her skills improve as the season went on. I'm not an expert, but people kept saying that she had a "good swing" and she connected with pitches from the coach more often than she had to go to the tee.
Did I mention the games weren't always the most exciting? Miles and Paige found ways to have a little fun.
Seriously? Look at that face. (Photo cred to Uncle Will.)
There was always a playground nearby, so they got to do a little monkeying around, too.
Hopefully her love of the game continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment