Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Mother's Day
Yes, I'm posting about Mother's Day the day after the fourth of July, but I have to get back on the horse sometime, right?
I was able to go to special Mother's Day performances at both Miles' and Brooke's schools. Miles and I had a cupcake and "tea" (water) together, then the kids sang a few songs for us and gave us some artwork they'd made for us.
Sometimes he is just too cute.
For Brooke's performance, we had a cookie and lemonade. I also got a couple of gifts from her, including a cute book about my favorite things. Then the kids did a dancing performance for us. I took so many videos that day that this is the only photo that I have, much to Brooke's chagrin ("Mooom, I'm holding hands with Kyyyle in that picture!").
For Mother's Day itself, Matt had jokingly suggested us going to the White Sox game. The weather was beautiful and I wasn't feeling like I needed time to myself (golf season hadn't really started yet...), so we headed down to US Cellular right after church.
Sunday is kids' day there, so the kids ate free. They also had a bunch of kids' activities set up throughout the park.
Paige liked the Southpaw statue a lot better than the actual mascot.
Miles is turning into such a little boy. This is one of his favorite poses lately.
We were on the club level, so we had access to air conditioning when it got hot.
The kids were able to run the bases after the game, too.
It was a really fun day and the kids were all wiped out as we headed back to Wheaton.
Once we got back to Wheaton, we went straight to Matt's parents to celebrate with his family.
The kids were a little extra goofy, but they rallied.
Brooke and Bri, who is kind of her mini-me.
Brooke was able to read all of Grammie Deb's cards. Matt and I were even impressed with how well she did.
And no family event would be complete without making Aunt Jamie or Uncle Will roughhouse with them a little.
It was a great day. I'm so thankful to my little family that made me a mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like keeping up with all on the blog. :) I think our kids would have a good time together...Isaac is doing that same "boy" pose all the time as Miles now. Silly kids! Say hi to Matt for us!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mal! One of these days we really do have to meet up!
Delete