Friday, December 18, 2015

Santa Claus Came to Town


Medinah had their annual "Brunch with Santa" last weekend and the whole family was able to go this year. The theme had something to do with Disney characters, so the kids were pretty pumped. Except Paige. I think Woody from Toy Story is now her nemesis.


After the obligatory tree shots, we were greeted by some fairies with pixie dust that the kids used to make wishes. Brooke took it very seriously and when they approached her again later in the morning, asked if her wish could still come true if she'd already made one.



Next, we went downstairs to get in line to see Santa.





While we were in line, Paige seemed interested and was even pointing to Santa. Bri, not so much.


We let the big kids go to try to warm Paige up.


Brooke asked for a science kit. Uncle Tim would be proud.



Miles asked for an airplane. His original request was "a car that you press and button and it flies. And it goes in water." I explained to him that that might be a gift he'd have to be a little older for. We'll see...



Paige was having none of this Santa stuff. She's my first baby to cry with Santa!


Notice the side-eye she's giving him. This isn't her first rodeo.


The Santa photo bomb did end up being somewhat successful, minus Paige's scowl and vice grip on my sweater.



Bri was still traumatized.


Another successful Santa photo bomb. Santa knows his way around crying babies.


I think Will was really excited to take this one. It turned out so cute, though!


Family portrait.


The kids with their grandparents and great-grandma.


Not sure where she learned it, but Brooke is into bunny ears lately, and of course Uncle Will was a good sport.


Next, it was time for mimosas brunch, and the buffet did not disappoint.



I took the big kids into the ballroom as they were anxious to check it out after we'd eaten. Brooke got her face painted by Anna (although Matt pointed out that she didn't have the silver streak in her hair, so it couldn't be the real Anna).



They were having so much fun. Melt my heart.


They also had crafts. Brooke was in heaven!


Miles went in the bounce house over and over while Brooke did her stuff.


Then she joined him.



Matt eventually came in with Paige, who also had fun.




Family bouncy slide ride!


 


I didn't get a shot of Paige's face plant, but other than that it looked like fun.


Finally, we ventured outside to meet the reindeer. Again, Paige had no interest. After that Santa character, I think she was really skeptical about what else we were going to subject her to.



Photo ops. I'm sad about the bad lighting.

 

The kids all LOVE Uncle Will and Aunt Jamie!


 



It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Have I mentioned I love this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment