I think I mentioned this in a previous post, but at the end of last summer, our St. Louis family all bought season passes to Six Flags because they were offering a crazy good deal. We figured it was a fun outing for the cousins, plus we'd have the option to go to the Six Flags near us, as well.
*Quick sidenote: I've never understood why everyone up here call Six Flags "Great America" and it always inexplicably bugged me a little. We don't call the Six Flags in St. Louis "Mid-America" (its full title used to be "Six Flags Over Mid-America"). After doing a little research, I discovered that it used to be an amusement park called "Great America" owned by Marriott until Six Flags bought it in 1984. Now I'm not as annoyed by people calling it that, although my kids will not be raised that way. And you're welcome for that nugget of Midwest amusement park trivia.*
Anyway, Matt took Wednesday off so we could go out as a family and enjoy the park. Brooke was incredibly excited to ride her first upside-down roller coaster. They rode "The Demon" four times.
While they were doing that, Miles, Paige and I headed to the two-story (!) carousel.
Next was Miles' first real roller-coaster, which also meant it was Brooke's first time riding solo. It was a big day for the Alley family.
I also took one for the team and rode the Scrambler-esque ride. It was worth it to hear them giggle for a minute straight.
Matt and I took turns riding the giant rocking boat ride with the big kids. Again, giggles the whole time.
I tried to take a picture as we were riding and got yelled at right away. Breaking rules makes me so nervous and getting caught makes me feel even worse. Matt and I are obviously not cut from the same cloth in that regard.
After a semi-edible, overpriced lunch, we determined that Paige was not going to nap in her stroller so we headed to the kiddie ride areas where she was able to do almost all the rides, and Brooke and Miles still had a blast, too.
Paige seemed to enjoy herself, but did a good job keeping her poker face. In her defense, she gets hot more easily than someone smack in the middle of menopause and it was not a cool day. Plus, she usually naps at 9 and 1 and hadn't slept at all that day. We were lucky she held it together as well as she did.
We finished the day with half-melted ice cream bars and a ride on the log flume. Matt talked me into taking this.
It was a really fun day and I think we all had a great time (despite Paige's recurring expression)!
No comments:
Post a Comment