Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fun Run


A couple of weeks ago, Cosley Zoo hosted their annual Run for the Animals. I went early and ran the 10k, then Matt and the kids met me after for Brooke to run the Fun Run.

 

I think she was a combination of nervous and excited prior to the race (aren't we all?) and was happy when I told her I'd run with her.


It was a 1/2 mile run, and was a total of 4 blocks. One block in, she said she was ready to walk. I told her we weren't going to walk (I'm a pretty tough coach) but we could slow down. Another block in, she looked at me and said, "This is fun!" She finished strong and was very excited to receive a medal.


We ran into our friends Aurelia and Beth (and about half of Wheaton). We both had a lot of fun and hopefully it was our first of many races together.


Afterward, we walked around and checked out all the booths. Miles was really excited about his "Milton Township Democrats" balloon. Strangely, it disappeared before we got back to the car.


The kids got to meet Anna, Elsa and Spiderman at our dentist's (and friend's) booth.


We went home for about an hour, then it was on to Brooke's last soccer game of the season. She was pretty wiped by the end of the game, as evidenced by her expression in these pictures (she's the one in pink shades - top row, second from the right).


Overall, the season was a success. She got her first goal in the second-to-last game of the season. (It was a team effort. Her coach definitely used the line, "We've got to get Brookie a goal!") She looked forward to every game and wants to play again in the fall. Not much more that I can ask for as a parent.


After another quick stop at home, we met our friends back at the Taste of Wheaton. Paige, Max and Bri hung out.


And the big kids danced to a cover band.


Kellen rivals Miles in his dance moves.


Brooke and Miles also said hi to the police officers.




It was a great way to spend a beautiful day and we were all pretty exhausted when we got home that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment