Friday, March 14, 2014
Bye-bye, Kaner
I've been talking for awhile now about how Miles was due for a "proper" haircut. We've also gotten a few passive-aggressive comments about the length of his hair. We were nowhere near mullet status (although our friend Scott called him "Kaner" after the mulletted Blackhawks player). Matt, not one to care what others think, was less than enthusiastic about cutting off his curls. To his defense, when it curls, it really doesn't look too long. Dry winter days don't lend themselves well to naturally curly hair, though, so I finally put my foot down.
I've given him a few trims, but wasn't comfortable with a legit haircut, so we decided to spring for having his first cut at Kidsnips. Brooke also had her first (and only) haircut there. It was crazy how much she remembered about the place. She told Miles he'd get to sit in a car, pick out a movie and eat a lollipop. She had him at lollipop. I emphasized to the stylist that we wanted to keep some of the curls and that the clippers weren't necessary. Thankfully, she listened. He did great and it took less than 10 minutes. Well worth $25, right? In all fairness, at the rate our kids' hair grows, that should average out to about $12.50/year.
I forgot to take an "after" pic, so I did the classy thing and took a picture of the picture that they took. He looks quite distinguished, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment