Sunday, March 23, 2014

Last Trip before Baby/Meeting Baby Titus



Matt had a conference for work a few days last week, and I wanted Miles to get a chance to celebrate his birthday with my family, so we decided to take one more short trip to St. Louis before the next little one makes an appearance. Brooke was really excited that Matt's not being there meant that she got to sleep in bed with me. A little too excited. Pretty sure I took this picture around 10:30 our first night.


We stayed with my parents the first night, and Tim and Krissi the next two. I love these four together so much. (Don't mind Brooke's toplessness.)


Of course there was lots of dressing up and playing "Frozen." The problem is that Brooke really throws herself into her role, so several times we went to break up what we thought was a fight, but was actually just the girls being Anna and Elsa. It was good to see them channeling their drama into something productive.


Uncle Joel was on spring break, so we got to see a lot of him this visit, which was great. One day we went to the zoo. I think I'd be there once a week if we lived in St. Louis.



This was one of Miles' favorite "exhibits". The little guy loves his "beep beeps".


We sent the two guys on the carousel with all four kids. Ha!


It was chilly that day, but we still had a lot of fun.


We also spent a morning at the St. Louis Science Center. Yet another free, kid-friendly, St. Louis attraction. Most of the exhibits were geared toward kids a little older, but we stayed busy. Miles loved the overpass where he was able to watch cars on the highway passing underneath us.







Digging for dinosaur bones.




On Wednesday, we headed up to Amy's to meet the new baby. In retrospect, 5+ hours in the car, alone with the kids, at 36 weeks pregnant wasn't the best decision, but I'm still really glad we did it. For the ride to Amy's, Tim and Krissi took the girls (guess what movie they're watching?) and I took the boys, who both slept. Woohoo!


Lunch at Blake and Amy's.


Holding Baby Titus. Brooke was so distracted with playing with Mati's toys that I think she forgot about the baby.


Sweet Lukie.


And Miles was quite taken with the baby. He stood there watching him for awhile. He's actually been really into babies lately, which I would like to think bodes well for our upcoming new addition. However, when I ask Miles where Mommy's baby is, he point to himself and says, "Me baby!" Stay tuned...


We're officially home now for at least the next couple of months and I have to say, it feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment