A few months ago, Jamie mentioned to me that she was thinking of doing the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. I'd already been running regularly and thought it'd be a good goal to work toward, but as it drew closer, I got more and more nervous. The day before the race, we had to drive all the way into the city to pick up my packet, so we decided to make a family day of it and headed to Navy Pier.
We spent far too much money on mediocre rides (Brooke kept asking what was wrong with the ferris wheel because it was going so slowly), although Brooke did deem this lighthouse ride "amazing."
We also had a nice lunch at Harry Caray's. It was a beautiful day.
This half was MUCH larger than my last half marathon. And the weather, while not quite the brutal heat and humidity we'd been having, was not exactly ideal. I finished a few minutes later than my target time, but I felt like I pushed myself and that's all I could ask for. Matt and the kids, his mom, and Will also came down to cheer us on.
Oh, and this lady also ROCKED it. So proud of you, Jamie!
It was a lot of fun, I'm glad we did it, and I haven't sworn off doing another, so I don't think there's much more I could ask for!
Yah you! That's so awesome.
ReplyDelete