Sunday, July 7, 2013

Independence Day


We had a great Fourth of July this year. We had a relaxed morning, with Matt and I both going for runs. We were going to go to the pool, but decided to forgo it and save the kids' energy for the afternoon/evening. After Miles woke from his morning nap, we went out to lunch and to the playground as a family.




She's really starting to look like a "big girl" when she pumps her legs.

 




  


Then, ike last year, we headed out to Medinah for their festivities. Our friends, the Bordners, joined us and we also saw Mike and Jane and Matt's parents out there. Brooke was really excited to meet up with her long lost pal, Zeus the pony.



Clown car?


They had some water rides and Matt (who has been a member at Medinah his whole life, so I withheld my opinion) told Brooke she could take her dress off and go on them. She had a blast.


With just the shorts on, she said, "I look like a boy!"


They also had some games.


And a t-shirt making stand. It was fun, but not really worth the 45 minute wait.



Miles trying to photo bomb Brooke and Zach's picture.


After Medinah, we headed to Matt's parents' for a barbecue. Miles had fun hanging out with the squirrel.



And of course, the kids loved playing with Will and Jamie.




Photo shoot.




After dinner, Matt, Brooke, Jamie, and Will headed out to Medinah for the fireworks. Miles and I headed home. I'm kind of regretting that decision because I would have liked to have seen his reaction, but I think he would have fallen asleep on our way out there.



Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Miles and the squirrel..HILARIOUS! ha! Brooke totally looks like a Timmerman :) so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pony lady's shirt "this is what awesome looks like" great photos!

    ReplyDelete