Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween 2012


We had a butterfly and a tiger this year for Halloween. I asked Brooke what she wanted to be, fully expecting her to name a Disney Princess, but was pleasantly surprised when she said, "butterfly"(I actually think it stems from a Team Umizoomi episode, but we'll pretend like she was being creative and an individual).


I was prepared (but not excited) to fashion the costume myself. Now, when I say "fashion," I mean "put several store-bought pieces together". Did you think I meant I would sew? If you did, we probably haven't met...and you've never even read this blog before. I was a few store-bought pieces into the costume (and also going a little crazy trying to plan her birthday parties) when I stopped into Old Navy and found this beauty for $12. I mean, it was the economical choice, right?


Unlike last year, Brooke could hardly wait until her friends came to "pick her up" to trick-or-treat.

 

She kept saying that she was "fluttering," but I think it often got lost in translation.

 

 She was really into it this year. At most of the houses, she'd say, "Happy Trick or Treat!" Or occasionally we'd have to prompt her, "What do you say?" as the door opened and she'd say, "Thank you!" instead of "Trick or treat."


Miles was a trooper even though it was a little chilly out.


 His little buddy from our block, Thomas, was also a tiger.


Jill and Ainsley were very patient with Brooke as they went around our block, then we parted ways and headed over to Matt's parents' house.


Miles was ready for some dinner, so he stayed back with Grammie Deb, Grandpa and Aunt Jamie while Matt and I took Brooke out for some more treats.


These are the best shots I could get of the two of them together. And I took MANY.

 

 

 

 

We finished the night with some jack-o-lantern carving.

 
 She wasn't too sure at first.


But I think she was satisfied with the final product.


And then....we had a meltdown. And this doesn't include the one at Matt's parents' an hour earlier. I'd like to blame it on the candy, but I think it's more the stage we're in...and probably will be for another 15 years or so.

 

We also had a costume playdate with Tye and Grace last week.



Aaanndd another meltdown. Memories, right?


She had fun coloring a pumpkin with her crayons from her teachers at school.


We also got "Hob Gobbled" by a neighbor and Brooke had fun playing with the treats in our goodie bag.

 

And this guy is enjoying the world upright. Carts and highchairs? He's got this...for the most part.




No comments:

Post a Comment