Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hanging Out

 

This weekend we had some really nice weather and we were able to get outside and enjoy it a bit. Miles is a huge fan of the swing and it's actually helped Brooke transition full-time to the "big girl" swing...and she's almost forgotten that time this summer when Matt gave her an underdog and she fell out of it.

 

It seems that now that birthdays and Halloween are over, we're enjoying some much-needed downtime. I also feel like I'm finally adjusting to staying home full-time. Brooke decided she wanted to wear "exercise clothes" the other day. She kinda looks like a little Sue Sylvester, no? She also got her first pair of "running shoes" - she laughs at me anytime I call them tennis shoes. I guess she has a point...


This is her in a compilation of the dress-up clothes she got for her birthday. She informed me that this is her next Halloween costume. (And I'll just throw it out there that this post obviously isn't the best showcase of my photography skills.)


Brooke's still really good about playing with Miles, although her patience is a bit thinner as he's able to do more. In her defense, he's really grabby. The other day, he grabbed something of hers and she said, "Miles, I'm going to count to three and you need to let go. 1...2..." Maybe I'm using 1-2-3 Magic too much?


Then tonight Miles was whining about tummy time and she ran over to him and said, "Don't worry, Miles, I'm coming to your rescue!"

 

We continue to try to come up with a way to get her to not poop in her nighttime diaper. Bribery doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I may have to bite the bullet and put her to bed in underwear (gag). We've also got a bit of a sassy-pants on our hands. I swear sometimes she sounds like she's 13 with the tone she uses. I'm also hoping to nip that in the bud. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, we're looking forward to the holidays (especially me!) and life is good!




1 comment:

  1. so many great photos Jaimie!! I love the one of Mile's on the swing!

    ReplyDelete