How is November almost over??? Here's a quick recap of our day-to-day:
Brooke seems back to enjoying her time at preschool and her class when I'm at BSF. She was having some separation issues for a good part of October. We're still seeing some attitudes and tantrums, but for the moment they're not as bad as they were a little while ago. Status quo on pooping. I'm shortening her afternoon naps because she was having a pretty hard time falling asleep at night. She stays in her bed so it didn't bother us, but falling asleep at 10:30 can't be good for a 3-year-old. Here she is on a daddy-daughter date. She always pushes for Yogli-Mogli but Matt strong arms her into going to Oberweis.
Some cute recent quotes:
-"Go on up, Daddy. I'll be right behind you." As Matt was trying to get her to go up for bed.
-"I'll still have room. I"ll keep it over here." Pointing to one side of her tummy after I had told her a snack before breakfast would ruin her appetite.
-"Would you like to join us for dinner, Aunt Jamie?" Completely independently after I'd told her it was time to eat when Aunt Jamie was visiting.
Also, it turns out I must say "actually" a lot as it's become a regular part of her vocabulary.
Miles seems to be cutting another tooth. Here he is on a recent day when napping wasn't part of his agenda. He's still sleeping well, overall, though. He's doing some scooting, but still no crawling. He's gotten really loud at babbling and likes to make clicking noises with his tongue. I noticed him using a pincer grasp to pick something up of the floor today, so I think we might be trying puffs in the near future.
I also have to brag about my other guy. Some companies give out corner offices, my husband gets a special parking spot. For playing ping pong. At work. I'm so proud.
Matt and I have been able to get out a few times this month, including to see a couple of movies ("Lincoln" and "Silver Linings Playbook" - both great) and a concert. We went to the fun. concert with Jamie a couple of weeks ago. I felt really old and was out way past my bedtime, but it was a very good show.
Bring on December!
No comments:
Post a Comment