Last Saturday Brooke and I went with our friends Kali and Christy to the circus as a late celebration of the girls' birthdays. While I don't see anything wrong with the circus, I feel the need to disclaim that our original intent was to go to "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" at the symphony downtown, but that was sold out. The circus had a live orchestra there, so it was practically the same thing.
It was quite the experience, most of it good. There was just SO MUCH of everything - noise, lights, things to look at...I can't imagine how her little sensory system handled it. I kind of wanted to curl up in a dark corner for a few hours after we left.
But, there were a lot of great acts and both girls were entertained for the full two hours.
As a special treat, Brooke got the clown wig and make-up, which she proceeded to smear before we even got to our seats.
The other end of our Thanksgiving sandwich was a trip to the theater to see "Cinderella" at the Lincolnshire Marriott Theater. The son of some of Matt's family friends played the Prince and Brooke was able to meet him after (but not in costume, so I think she was a little confused).
She's never actually seen the "Cinderella" movie or even read the full, real fairy tale, so she did a good job keeping up, considering. She was worried when Cinderella wasn't in the first scene and when she lost her slipper. I think she was also thrown by her being brunette and not wearing the blue Cinderella dress that Disney's brainwashed us with.
Both kids did great for the whole performance (it was very family-friendly) and we all had fun. Miles was happier than this - I think the flash in the dark threw him a bit.
We're feeling pretty cultured now. I think next weekend we may attend a poetry reading or cheese tasting.
You guys are so "West County". I'm surprised you still hang with us. :)
ReplyDelete