It's here. Today was Brooke's first "official" day of preschool. Granted, it was an abbreviated day (one hour as opposed to the two it will usually be. Wednesday she goes for an hour and a half. I'm not sure if it's to ease the kids, teachers, or parents in, but I'm sure it's a good idea on all counts.), but she was still going somewhere on her own. Without me, her dad, or one of her close family members. I was a little sentimental and had to take a photo of her at breakfast.
And at the front door. Which ended up making us a few minutes late. Didn't I call it? I think running late ended up being a good thing for me, though. I didn't have time to get sad. And she just stepped over the crying boy and the little girl screaming, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" and went on her merry way into the room. I choked up a bit when I got back into the car after dropping her and heard her Princess CD playing. And for the record, I was the SECOND parent in line to pick her up, thankyouverymuch.
Her and Kali on the way out afterwards. I'm seeing an annual photo op....
We came back home and played on the playground. It was a beautiful day and I'm glad that she seems to be adjusting so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment