Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick or Treat?




In the weeks leading up to Halloween, I'd been trying to find a costume that Brooke would wear as she was pretty vehemently opposed to anything that came over her head...until I used some good old-fashioned peer pressure. A couple of weeks ago, my friends came over with their kids who were happy to put on their costumes for a little photo shoot. With just a couple of, "Look, Brooke, Grace is in her duck costume!", Brooke was asking to put on her ladybug costume (thanks again, Joy!).


I love this one. It looks like someone opened the cages at the zoo.


Enter Halloween evening - less than 24 hours after her birthday bash - and us having to wake Brooke up from her nap because the "Big Girls" were coming by to "pick her up" at 4:15. We did not even attempt the ladybug and instead went with the less restrictive bumble bee (with the cute antennae headband that she wouldn't wear). She wasn't thrilled, but was happy to get to play with her friends. Until she saw their makeup.


We were finally able to convince her to go door-to-door and after about 5 houses, she had the hang of it and was having a good time.




Checking out her loot at the end of the night. Lollipops were her favorite. I'd like to think that overall the night was a success and that we didn't scar her too badly. Time will tell.


I should also mention that she woke up at about 9:15 Halloween night laughing and singing in her bed (possible video to come). When we went to check on her and got her out of bed, she literally ran in circles around the room. It was actually funny and a lot of fun, but the sugar high is not something we're looking to repeat. Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of her crying with the "big girls" is priceless. I could not stop laughing! And my dad showed me that video of her on the sugar high. So great!

    ReplyDelete