Sunday, January 30, 2011

It Takes a Village


I've bragged before about the great friends that we have. That's a photo of Scott teaching Brooke about basketball a couple of weeks ago. We were able to go up to Galena, IL, last weekend for our annual "ski" trip. I call it a "ski" trip because there is nothing about skiing that I enjoy, so I gave up even trying a few years back. I'm happy to meet them all for lunch and walk around town while they all go skiing. Skiing or not, though, the trip is always a ton of fun and this year did not disappoint. I found that most of my pictures were of our friends playing with Brooke. I really love seeing the people that I love loving on my little girl.




Brooke really liked Jeff this weekend. Maybe it was the awkwardly tight turtleneck he was wearing all weekend. (Kidding! This was in the ski lodge at lunch.)




Blake, Amy and Mati joined us and the girls had fun as always. Although there were a couple of times that Brooke hit Mati and said, "Owie!" Either she doesn't totally get the concept of that word yet, or she gets it a little too well and enjoys inflicting pain.


On the way home, Brooke and Mati were in our backseat because it was established on the way up that Brooke becomes extremely needy with an adult in the backseat with her. At one point, Brooke was "typing" away on her laptop and Mati was "talking" on her cell phone. It was really cute. Then, at the end of the trip the girls were holding hands, but every time I tried to get a photo of it, Mati reached for the camera instead. So pretend like she's holding Brooke's hand here. It would have been such a sweet picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment