Tuesday, February 8, 2011

15 Months


I've realized that we're getting to the point where monthly updates aren't that realistic - or, let's be honest, interesting - so I think I'll just do updates after doctor's appointments.

15 Month Stats:

Weight - 22lb, 3.5 oz - 49th percentile
Height - 30 1/2 in - 67th percentile
Head - 93rd percentile

I don't really know where to begin in describing Brooke at 15 months. I guess I'll start with the obvious: She's an incredible eater. There's literally nothing that I've given her that she hasn't eaten and seemed to enjoy. Some things are more hit-or-miss than others, but the kid can eat. She loves her carbs, but is still happy with fruits and veggies. I stopped counting her teeth.


She's also still a great sleeper (knock on wood). She averages 12 hours at night and still naps twice, averaging 3 hours between the two. When she's not eating or sleeping, she's all over the place - crawling, climbing and cruising. She's still not walking, but I think it's more fear than inability. As soon as she lets go of what she's holding on to, she drops to her knees to crawl. It sounds funny, but I can relate because that's exactly how I feel on skis. That may not bode well for Matt's hopes for her future athletic endeavors. Anyway, the doctor wasn't concerned, so I'm not going to waste time worrying about it. And I'm thankful that she's as careful as she is. When she's at the bottom of the stairs, she'll yell for someone to come before she starts climbing. That's not to say I haven't caught her already a few stairs up...


She's also very verbal. She'll babble whole conversations. I can't wait until I can understand them. She also has a ton of words and phrases. She really likes "pizza" and "thank you". She says "up" a lot, but that can be translated "up", "help", or "open". I guess I should have been more selective when teaching her words for things. She has all kinds of "party tricks" as we call them and when we got back from vacation this weekend, she was able to sing "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" - or an approximation of it at least. I think she's going to be a singer. It probably doesn't help that I've got a goofy preschool song for every little thing that we do. She definitely has her "diva" moments (don't we all?). She can yell, "no, no, no!" with the best of them. But overall she's a very happy, easygoing little girl.


I think the most amazing thing about this whole parenting thing is that even if she just sat doing nothing, we would still think she was the most amazing thing in the world and wouldn't love her any more or less than we do now. I'm so incredibly thankful for her and the light that she brings to our life every day and we continue to pray that we can do justice to raising this gift that God has given us.


This is Brooke ready for "night-night". (Thanks for the photos, Krissi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment