We headed for Florida a couple of weeks ago with Matt's family and had such a great trip! We couldn't have asked for better weather. Actually, I would have enjoyed temperatures in the 90's, but I think that may have ruined everyone else's trip. The guys spent lots of time golfing, I got to run every day (yay for built-in babysitters!) and on the one rainy day we were able to shop. I could post a million photos here, so I'll try to spare you and get to the highlights. Brooke loved this baby floater as it allowed a maximum pool experience with minimum effort. That's pretty much Brooke's motto.
Brooke wasn't so sure about the sand. I think she's more a pool girl than a beach girl, like her momma. The sunny weather also allowed for her to capitalize on her sunglasses fetish. No one's shades were safe with her around!
Everyone got a little face time with Brooke. We combined our photos and I think out of about 400 photos, Brooke's in 300 of them. The joys of being the first grandchild/niece...
Brooke relaxed on the plane by listening to some of her favorite tunes. She actually did great on both flights. No sleeping, so WE didn't really get to relax, but also little to no crying/screaming so everyone else on the plane did - except for the poor row behind us that she kept flirting with. BTW, this is another outfit I won't repeat. An older lady had a whole conversation with me about what a "beautiful boy" she was. In my defense, the polka dots are pink and so were her shoes.
She tried to get in on the action in the annual family tennis tournament. Jane and I respectfully declined. 2009 champs - Brian and Jamie; 2010 champs - Matt and Mike. The pressure for next year's tourney is already building!
I'll leave you with a few more shots of Brookester. Thanks again for another great trip, Grammie and Grandpa!
Girl with the Dragon Tatoo has a rough read, but totally worth it in the end.
ReplyDelete