Tuesday, January 11, 2011

St. Louis Visit (a.k.a. Photo Dump #3)


On the last leg of the Alley Family North American Holiday Tour 2010, we spent a few days in St. Louis with my family. It was really nice because almost everyone was off for the whole week, so we did a lot of hanging out and watching movies. Sidenote: May I strongly recommend "The Fighter" and "The Town" if you haven't seen them yet? While it wasn't bad, you'll probably be okay if you miss "The Ghost Writer."


Brooke had fun checking out Lexi's new toys. She actually really liked the trampoline, which kind of surprised me given her wimpiness for most gross motor activities.


She also showed Lexi how to use her new rocking horse since Brooke had gotten one for her birthday already.


Baby-zilla knows no zip code!


They even had a tea party one night and the little girls actually lasted the longest at the table. If you wanted some tips from me on your camera work based on that fourth shot, just leave your info in the comments section. I was obviously really careful with the lighting.





Looking at these photos gets me all verklempt for a couple of reasons. First of all, it's so fun to see them "play together" and reminds me of growing up with my cousins. I really hope their bond just gets stronger as they get older. But it also makes me realize how quickly this time will pass and while I can't wait to see the little girls and even young women they become, I'd really like to just stop the clock for a little while. Okay, enough with the Debbie Downer ruminations (That's SNL reference #2 for this post if you're counting.).


I was also "that girl" and asked our waiter to take a family picture while we were out to dinner. You laugh, but I think this is the first photo with all of us in it (except Bonnie - sorry!) since Thanksgiving '09.


The girls also got a little lap time in with Papa T and Grandma.



Whew. Okay, now I've posted all of our holiday photos. Brooke's been doing some pretty cute stuff lately, so I need to be better about keeping the camera on-hand. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment