Last week, we met my friends Danielle and Katie at a nearby Pumpkin Patch. I may have been less prepared for this outing than any other thing I've done with Brooke (I'm going to blame it on just getting back from St. Louis the previous night). First of all, we went on Columbus Day. We, and about 1,000,000 other people. Then, for whatever reason I decided that a stroller would be too hard to navigate over the hay (really???) and that a carrier wasn't necessary - she's not THAT heavy, right? Wrong. At one point I just sat her on the ground and hoped she didn't eat too much dirt.
Also, I left my phone in the car a mile away and didn't realize it until I got inside the pumpkin patch with the 1,000,000 other people. So I got to lug my "light" baby all the way back and met my friends almost an hour late. Finally, it was a BEAUTIFUL day, but I didn't get that memo and dressed us (me more than her) for chilly fall weather. That also kind of explains why my poor baby is squinting in every photo.
Despite the drama, we were able to rally and had a really fun time with our friends. I'm looking forward to next year when Brooke can do even more - like ride the ponies! Here's Brooke and super-cute 2 year-old Haley.
No comments:
Post a Comment