Monday, October 25, 2010

Brooke's "St. Louis Style" Party


Last weekend, we had a small first birthday party for Brooke in St. Louis. While I probably won't do as elaborate a party down there every year, I do want her to be able to celebrate with our family "down South" so I'd like to make it a regular occurrence. Tim and Krissi were generous as usual in letting us use their house.


The weather was ridiculously nice for late October, so we made a last-minute wardrobe change (thanks again, Michelle!) and reserved her custom long-sleeved onesie for the end of the party. I had some major camera issues (battery ran out, didn't explain the video feature well to the person taking video for me), but we were still able to capture the gist of the day.


Several family members traveled significant distances to be there and it really meant a lot to us. Brooke had a great time with my Aunt Brenda. (She's laughing here if you can't tell.)


Brooke did a great job the whole evening and had no problem being passed from person to person. I was worried that she'd fill up on her P'sghetti's (we might also make their catering a tradition - yum!), but the Little Garbage Disposal had no problem shoveling down some cake, too. She was awesome with the cake. She stuck a few fingers in, decided that she liked it, then picked up the whole thing and shoved it to her mouth. I'm hoping she repeats it at her party this weekend so we can get a video of it.


She loved all the cool toys she received. I'm already sick of some of the songs they play.

This was probably MY favorite gift that she got. It's a painting that Lexi did for "Brootie's" room. Pardon my woodchuck impersonation.

Lexi did a great job "helping" Brooke open and play with the presents.


This wasn't one of her presents, but she also loved Lexi's Princess car.

We left St. Louis feeling very blessed. Not only for Brooke, but for our amazing family that love her so much.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the re cap for those of us who missed the festivities... me. :(
    Please be sure to come back and do it again next year. I'll try to be well then. :)

    ReplyDelete