Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Eleven Months


Brooke turned 11 months old on Monday and if it's possible, she just keeps getting more and more fun. She is definitely a "talker" and quite the ham. She's warming up to strangers more and more. She has a particular fondness for cashiers. Her book of the month is "First Words" by the Baby Einstein company. It has actual pictures of all kinds of things and she'll look at it for 15 minutes at a time.

She's saying "dada" for Matt now. She grabs her head when you ask where her head is or start to sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes". She's also saying "Ahs" for Ozzie. As demonstrated earlier, she's saying "tickle tickle" and "num num". "Num num" also substitutes for "mama". She's stacking things, too.


She's able to get around pretty well, but I don't think she's fully aware of the power that gives her. She tends to stop crawling when she gets to the door of a room. She's still easygoing and if you're willing to do the work for her, she'll let you. She's doing well standing when she's propped, but I am sure not holding my breath for pulling up or walking anytime in the near future. And that's okay.

In the short eleven months that Brooke's been around she's taught me so much, but I think the most important thing that she's taught me (or I should say reminded me of) is how little control I have over things and that I need to stop, breathe and enjoy her for the miracle and joy that she is. I look forward to her continuing to teach me as she grows.


We're so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment