The fourth of July fell on a Tuesday this year, which actually worked out pretty great as it gave Matt a four-day weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, we went to the pool and Matt golfed. Monday was our anniversary, and we celebrated with Andy's Frozen Custard for lunch.
There's an Andy's in Missouri that we had years ago, but I didn't even remember it until we got to the shop. My neighbor had raved about how good it was, so we put it on our summer "bucket list."
The kids liked it, but I think they were more excited to be having dessert at 11 am than anything else.
That afternoon, we decided to check another thing off our bucket list and golf as a family.
I'll be honest, I was prepared for it to go horribly, but it was actually really fun. Everyone was pretty well behaved.
Of course this guy was happy. When is he not?
It was fun to see Brooke and Miles actually play and demonstrate what they're learning. I enjoyed playing, too. It's literally been years since I got out there.
We lasted four holes - again, better than I'd expected.
We finished the day of fun with dinner at the golf course.
The next morning, we met Mike, Jane and Bri for the parade in downtown Wheaton.
It was HOT. And not that exciting. The kids said they want to do it again, but I'm pretty sure that's only because some of the groups in the parade threw candy.
Matt took the big kids to the pool after lunch and I joined them when Graham woke up from his nap, just in time for all the games.
Matt's whole family came out, as did some of our friends from Brooke's school and Matt's friends' brother and his girlfriend. It was a fun day hanging out with everyone.
Graham hasn't met a pair of glasses or sunglasses that he didn't see as a personal challenge to remove.
Giant slide!
Spinning cups!
Choo-choo!
Airplanes!
Ponies!
Face painting! (This was at 11 pm after Matt and the big kids got home from fireworks.)
It was a great weekend with lots of fun and family time. I was sad when it was over. Happy fourth!
No comments:
Post a Comment