Brooke's school does a Daddy/Daughter Dance in early February every year. Matt was away on a work trip, so his dad kindly agreed to take Brooke. She was excited leading up to it and even got a manicure with two friends a couple of days before. She asked to have her hair in braids, and I obliged. Thank goodness she likes the one hairstyle that I can do.
I let her put on blush and lip gloss. Miles brought his chapstick in to join the fun.
My beautiful girl. We had originally planned for her to wear her Christmas dress, but then I remembered her flower girl dress. Dress for the dance was "party wear," and this was probably a little fancy, but why not rock a sweet dress if you've got it? Especially when you're in kindergarten?!?
She's getting too big, too fast.
Photo bomb courtesy of Miles.
Showing off her "heels." She asked if she can wear them again when we go out to dinner.
Showing off her nails.
I even connected her braids with a flower barrette. Take that, Pintrest!
She had a special dinner before the dance at Grammie Deb's and Grandpa's (they surprised her with sushi).
She was excited about her corsage. She may not ever let me throw it away.
She got a little case of cold feet before heading out to the dance, and we figured out that it was because she didn't really know what to expect. I think she was picture more of a recital than a wedding. When I explained what would happen and invoked a little peer pressure ("all your friends will be talking about this on Monday..."), she had a change of heart and she and Grandpa had a great time. In fact, she was so excited when she got home that it was almost eleven before she fell asleep.
Brooke and Kali at the dance.
Don't forget about these two! I let Miles pick a special dinner that night, too. He chose McDonald's.
We capped off the night at Yogli Mogli. Paige was super-excited to sit in her own seat with her own bowl.
(This is her version of a thumbs up.)
The night had a few hiccups, but all's well that ends well and I think we'll all look back on her first dance fondly.
No comments:
Post a Comment