Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September Randoms


Since it's been so long since I last posted, I have a couple of random photos from many different occasions, so I'm just going to lump them all into one post. There was that night that we had dinner with Niall from One Direction and our Alley Family text strand got into the triple digits.


The kids and I got to have lunch with Grandma Audie after school a couple of weeks ago.



Miles went through a stage where he would wake up in the middle of the night, and because we'd told him not to come into our room unless he was scared or hurt, he'd lay in our doorway. Kind of sweet, kind of creepy. I've implemented a chart system and he hasn't done that in awhile. And he's generally been much happier and alert during the day - I'm going to assume because he's not spending half the night sleeping on the floor. (And in our defense, he was super-quiet about it! As soon as one of us realized he was there, we'd take him back to bed.)


He's rarely napping these days, but when he does, it usually looks like this.


We recently enjoyed a family afternoon at the Arboretum.


I'm having fun spending time with just these two on MWF mornings. It's crazy how the dynamic changes with one less kid. Miles seems more talkative and also more interested in engaging Paige.


Paige's first time "shotgun" in the Target super cart. I think she liked it.


Thank you, God, for the amazing weather we've been having lately. This was after the pool had closed, so we got really classy and turned on the sprinkler in the backyard.



We play outside after rest time almost daily. I'll say again how thankful I am for our cul-de-sac full of kids and great families. And I'll throw some Debbie Downer in there and say how much I'm NOT looking forward to winter. *shudder*


This little guy is so special. He cracks us up everyday. While he has some stinker in him, he's generally very sweet and thoughtful. His speech is getting more and more intelligible, which I think is also boosting his confidence.



Brooke continues love kindergarten and school in general. She's spoiling me in her eagerness and willingness to do her homework and get to school in the morning. (Sidenote: While it's not always practical, I LOVE that we can walk to school in the morning.) She also continues to make questionable wardrobe decisions during rest time that become more apparent when we go outside to play.


I'll leave you with a gallery of Alley Girls' Selfies:






I promise it won't be a month before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment