Miles' preschool doesn't have orientation until the week after Labor Day, so his first full day wasn't until mid-September this year. At least no one will accuse them of burning the kids out, right?
I was honestly a little apprehensive for Miles going into orientation. He's so used to always having Brooke around, and when she's not around he can be quite the Mama's boy. While he wasn't super-enthusiastic about the orientation (see photo below), he did fine separating from me and was engaged during the practice circle time.
A week later, Miles woke up for his first day seemingly happy. He kept asking if I'd be going with him, but seemed okay when I told him I wouldn't. He also kept asking about the teachers from his 2's class and I told him that now he'd have Brooke's teachers from the 3's. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and just needed to snap a couple of first-day pics before we were off. That proved more difficult than we'd expected.
Maybe without the bag?
Sample shot of Matt to show him how it's done?
Getting better...
Finally, with a threat of no dessert, this is the best we got. How fitting that most of the chalk was rubbed off by that time.
Brooke was happy to be in the picture.
Paige, too. His sisters perked him up a little.
He had fun and thus far provides more details about his day than Brooke ever did at preschool. We're so proud of you, Big Guy! Have a great year!
No comments:
Post a Comment