This post is about three weeks late, and for that I apologize. I'm going to blame a combination of summer busy-ness, illness and laziness, in no particular order. At the end of June/beginning of July, we went down to St. Louis for our Big Summer Visit. We were down there for five days and it was really nice to be able to get in some concentrated visiting with family and friends, as well as enjoying some St. Louis activities. Paige had fun poking at playing with Grace.
It'll be fun to see her and her cousins grow up together since Bri and Grace are both so close in age to her. Lucky girl!
Amy and her kids were also in town for part of the time that we were so we had a play date at Gigi and Grandpa Charlie's.
It took most of the morning, but Paige finally warmed up to Gigi and had fun being silly with her.
On Saturday afternoon, Matt and I took the non-nappers to watch Joel and Jen in their sand volleyball tournament. I'm not sure what the context was, but while we were waiting to play, Lex busted out a few (pretty good looking!) push ups.
Brooke tried to follow suit. Bless her heart.
I'm not going to say we were good luck charms, but they went from barely making the playoff cut to winning the whole tournament after we got there.
My parents watched all four of the big kids (thank you!) while the parents and Joel and Jen went out on Saturday night. The next day, we went to Six Flags.
We had a great time, despite the kids being a little tired. I will say that Disney World is such a well-oiled machine that we've been spoiled for any other amusement park.
We spent some quality time hanging out at Tim and Krissi's. Lexi led a "gymnastics class." The girl is a drill sergeant.
And I took my kids to see my high school best friends, Amie and Renne. The eight kids had fun playing together, despite hardly knowing one another (and poor Miles being the only boy). It was so great to see them and makes me wish we lived closer.
Monday night we met my parents and grandparents for their traditional Monday dinner (at 4:30) at Applebee's.
The kids loved swimming in my parents' pool.
And Paige had fun scooting around, trying to find the cats.
On Tuesday, we took the kids and met a couple of Krissi's cousins' kids at City Garden.
This is a classic "older brother" picture.
All the kids.
They had fun on the "stage" feature.
I'll spare you the gross picture, but Tuesday was also the day that I had to take Paige to the doctor for a strange bit on her knee. I still have no idea where it came from, but it cleared up within a few days and I didn't have to give her antibiotics for long. Also, Tuesday night Matt and I went to the Cards/Sox game while my parents watched the kids (thank you again!). Once again, no pictures of that. So here's one more of the kids.
This girl is too sweet!
Miles and Uncle Joel got some quality time in on the way home.
On Wednesday, it was supposed to rain, so we went to breakfast instead of the zoo like we'd planned. But the rain cleared while we were eating, so we made a quick trip down there. I think the rain had scared everyone else away, too, because we were able to do quite a bit in a short time, including seeing the new polar bear, Kali (I have a video, but it's too long to post).
We also got to pet the stingrays.
And the kids were spoiled by getting to pick gifts out at the gift shop.
It was a really great visit and since I've waited so long to post, we'll be back there in a couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment