On the third of July, Matt took off work. I wasn't feeling great so we laid low and decided to take a walk around Herrick Lake. Brooke is really into riding her bike this summer and is pushing hard to take off her training wheels before summer's over.
Miles gave up riding his Big Wheel about 20 feet into the walk.
We had a play date at the park with a bunch of friends on July 2. Amy and her kids were actually in town and stayed with us for two days and I didn't get a single picture. In my defense, I was battling strep throat at the time. I did get this picture of Paige and Bri. Maybe someday Paige will start smiling for pictures? Or maybe the somber, skeptical look will be her "thing"? Either way, her cousins are putting her to shame.
Miles decided to do some work around the house the other day.
I don't remember what this picture was about. He had probably done something wrong. Now all I can think about is how cute he is, though.
It's summer so we've gone out to ice cream and/or frozen yogurt multiple times.
Which brings me to Miles' first dentist appointment. I took these pictures before she looked at his teeth...
...and told me that he had four cavities. I quit. I refuse to believe that we eat and brush badly enough for our kids to deserve this. They have officially lost the dental genetic lottery.
I've actually been able to get away a couple of times this month. First for Jamie's bachelorette party. It was so fun and her friends were so nice to me, despite my geriatric status in the group.
And then my Jefferson friends and I did a little staycation in the city, complete with dinner at Girl and the Goat. Possibly the best meal I've ever had. With great company, of course.
Sometimes low key nights are the best, though.
Grandma Audie's birthday was last week and we were able to get over there a few days before to celebrate with her.
Paige had what I think was her first bubble bath. Either way, I got pictures of it.
We've gone to a few playgrounds, per usual.
And a couple of birthday parties.
And Brooke got a special day with Aunt Jamie. They went to see "Inside Out," which Brooke had been dying to see.
We've also had lots of days at the pool. Getting some pictures of that is on my "to do" list for this week. It's been a great start to July and we're looking forward to finishing it strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment