Monday, July 20, 2015

Fourth of July


I'll be honest, this year's fourth of July stunk. I'd been feeling crummy for a few days since we'd been back from St. Louis and finally couldn't take it anymore, so I spent a few hours at urgent care, where I was diagnosed with strep throat. Matt already had the kids at Medinah for swimming and the carnival, though, so I met him out there. I wanted a picture of Paige and my matching suits, despite not feeling great.


We did a little photo op after the pool and before the carnival.




The carnival was less than impressive this year. Most of the activities were geared toward older kids. Our kids did the zipline and Brooke tried the rock wall. Snow cones and cotton candy were also on the menu.


There was a mini-carousel that Paige couldn't even go on because there were no seat belts.


We still had fun, though!



By the time we left the carnival, Matt wasn't feeling great, either. so we had a low-key dinner at home. Matt rallied and took the older kids back out for fireworks.



After some initial fear, I'm told Miles enjoyed the fireworks from the safety of Matt's lap.



I'll be honest, Matt and I have had better July 4th's, but as I was putting Brooke to bed that night, I asked if she'd had a good day and she said, "It was GREAT!" so I guess the day was a success. (And no one else got strep - hallelujah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment