Thursday, September 11, 2014
School Days
We love our preschool, even if they take FOREVER to start. The kids had their orientation last Wednesday and officially started this past Monday. Miles was clinging to my hand as we went into his and said, "Mama, you go too?"
He seemed to enjoy things in the room. He did ask for "Num-ee-nums" (snacks) during circle. We were only in the room for 45 minutes. Thankfully, he didn't starve.
He stuck pretty close to me the whole time, but was happy and comfortable and we had a good time.
Matt took him and Paige to a park while they waited for Brooke and I to finish her orientation.
Successful orientation!
Here they are on the first day.
I was so proud that they were dressed, fed, we had time to take pictures AND we were one of the first cars in line to drop Brooke. That will probably never happen again this year. For the record, Brooke gets dropped at 9, then I pull into the parking lot and walk Miles in at 9:15. Then I walk back in to pick Miles up at 11:15, get back in the car and pull around to get Brooke at 11:30. Should be fun come winter. It's probably a good thing we love our school so much.
How is this her last year of preschool? I am going to LOSE. IT. when she goes to kindergarten next year. Here she is last year and the year before.
(Thanks again for the cute bag, Aunt Krissi!)
It's so bittersweet that this guy is in preschool. Technically, he's about a month too young for the class, but was grandfathered in as a sibling. We feel that the structure and socialization will be great for him - and it's only a total of 4 hours a week. He's cried when I dropped him both days, but he also often still cries when I leave him in his class at church and he's been going there his whole life. If I'm honest, I kind of love that he's a Mama's Boy.
Because his first day was only an hour, he, Paige and I ran to Target before picking Brooke up. A birthday cake pop makes everything better! (There he goes again with the tongue...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment