Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lately (Sept. Edition)


I really love this picture of the three of them. Minus the pen marks on Miles' forehead. What can you do? Football season is back in full swing. Here's our annual "first game" picture with Matt. Hard to believe that our offspring has tripled since the first one four years ago.


Enjoying a little "after dinner" ice cream. Notice the ice cream all over Miles' shorts. Apparently I should have totally stripped him.


Watching TV after naps. Brooke had a blanket, so Miles went up and got his.


Watching a movie in our room (we seriously don't watch that much TV, that's just when they're contained and I have time to think about taking a picture). Brooke got under the covers like this so Miles followed suit.


I just wanted to post this to remember how cute and chubby Miles' feet are at this age. I cannot get enough of them. He took this picture, btw.


This pretty girl is fast approaching five months old. At her four month check, her height was in the 85% and her head circumference was in the 99% (yikes!) but her weight was only in the 25%. Long and lean?



There they go with the tongues again.


Cuddling with Daddy.



We've been using the Bumbo a bit more to help Paige work on her head strength, and be up and around us when we're doing things at the kitchen counter.


Making play dough!


Helping Paige with tummy time. They continue to be great with her - minus the expected fingers in the face and toys thrown on top of her - and she lights up when she sees them.


Quick Paige update before I forget for her 5-month post: At her four month appointment, the doctor was a little worried about her poor tummy time skills, the fact that she wasn't rolling, and her head shape, so she referred me to early intervention. Being an OT, I'm kind of embarrassed that I needed to call them, but I was hoping they'd have some ideas, and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any red flags for bigger issues. I was impressed with how quickly they acted. I met with the social worker within a few days and the PT and DT came out last week. Paige "barely" qualified and they said that it was largely due to her not rolling over and there being only a few milestones that she should have reached at this point. They said that if she progresses before our meeting at the end of the month, they'd be comfortable with me cancelling. They were able to see firsthand how good her coping skills are - she picks her head up, looks around, then lays it down to the side and sucks her thumb. Basically I just need to stay right on top of her and make sure she's extending that neck. And since they've been here, she's rolled a few times and has gotten visibly stronger (this picture was taken after several minutes, so not her best work), so I'm going to call and cancel the meeting and in the meantime do what they'd be doing - since that is what my degree is in and all. It was just good to hear that they didn't have any major concerns that I'd missed and that I wasn't not doing something obvious. Oh, and they didn't recommend a helmet. Yay!


Resting on Daddy.


Back to the big kids. We've moved the roller coaster outside and it's been lots of fun.




More fun outside on the new patio furniture. Notice the bug bite between Paige's eyes. Seriously, do mosquitoes serve any purpose whatsoever?


I'll try to get a few more posts up between now and the end of the month. Have a great rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment