Friday, July 11, 2014

Ten Years!?!


Matt and I celebrated our ten year anniversary on July 3. I really can't believe it's been that long, which I think says a lot about what a great guy he is and how much fun we have together. That being said, the only pictures that I have to show of the day are of the kids, specifically Mr. Personality himself, Miles. We went out to breakfast as a family, which we rarely do, so that was fun. Until we got our bill for a $15 carafe of OJ. And no, this wasn't a celebratory brunch at the Ritz.


Then we went to the pool. Miles likes to spend a lot of his time there in the sand. I took this picture because he spent a fair amount of that visit trying to hang out with the big boys. Thankfully they were patient with him.


The pool's always more fun when Matt's there because they can play in the big pool.


Oh yeah, Brooke was there, too. There's no photographic evidence of Paige with us that day, unfortunately.


That evening, Matt's parents watched the kids while Matt and I went to dinner and to see a comedian that we'd never heard of, which is always a risk. He was okay. (Keep in mind that Daniel Tosh was our last comedy show, and we're kind of hooked on "Last Comic Standing," so he had large shoes to fill.) Regardless, we had a great time being out, just the two of us.


Ten years, three houses, three towns, one dog, and three kids later and I'm so thankful to God for giving me Matt as a husband. He's faithful, smart, supportive, funny, hard-working and loving. He's a great dad and most importantly, he loves God and others. My prayer for my kids every night is that God would provide them with mates who love them and God as faithfully. Happy Anniversary to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment