Saturday, July 26, 2014

Paige is 3 Months! (And Other Recent Events)


Paige was three months old last Saturday and I think it's now safe to say that she's the easiest newborn we've had. We may be in for it with her at some other point down the line, but I really appreciate how easy she's made the transition to having three kids. It also makes me sad to say that she's no longer a newborn; although with that comes all kind of other fun, older baby things.

She's definitely recognizing people and is quick to smile for me and her brother and sister...usually Daddy, too. She's also started to turn on the charm with strangers and will often smile at them when they talk to her.
She went in for her 3-month check for the torticolis and that's totally resolved, but now they want to keep an eye on her forehead shape. So we're trying to amp up the tummy time to avoid helmet time.


She's been enjoying the activity mat and is having fun grabbing at the dangling toys. She's also found her feet in the last week or so. And just today we got our first giggles from her. Video to follow.


She's still sleeping in our room because we need our guest room for some upcoming visitors. I think we're all ready for her to have her own space. I'm especially ready to have her clothes organized in a real dresser instead of rubbermaid dressers in my closet. 

 

Back to the subject of sleeping, she's been going down around 7 at night and usually gets up around 6 or 7 to eat. She'll then go back to sleep for an hour or so. Sadly, that, and the fact that she's eating 5 times a day (still nursing) is about as much of a schedule as she has. She usually takes a decent stretch of a nap in the morning when we're on the go, and then also naps in the afternoon while the big kids are resting. I'm selfishly still letting her nap downstairs with me (I'm usually holding her) at that time.


She's definitely growing and we're ready to move her into 3 month clothes. She's such a delight and we love getting to know her better every day.



 
Speaking of delights, Mr. Personality continues to keep us on our toes. He's really into boy things, like cars and trains, but will also gladly put on a necklace or carry a purse. He's talking a lot more and has really been into reading lately. He might also be a budding chef. He spends lots of time in their toy kitchen.



He also loves to do anything that Brooke is doing. A favorite game of theirs is going to the front door to knock on it when we get home, rather than just going in the garage. This was him after a recent date with Grammie Deb.


We've been at the pool quite a bit the last couple of weeks as Brooke has had swim lessons. She's really taking off in her swimming. It's been fun to see how independent she's becoming. Just today, she jumped off the diving board (wearing her life vest) without anyone catching her.


She continues to be a really great big sister and a good helper to Matt and me. We still get our doses of tantrums and attitude, though, and now that Miles is physically acting out on her, we've seen her doing it unprovoked to him.


She got to take a special trip to the library with Aunt Jamie the other day.


And she changes her outfit at least once a day, usually during rest time. This was her getup when she came down the other day, complete with makeup from one of her toy kits. Aspiring pop star, perhaps?


I say it a lot, but I also feel like I can't say it enough: God is really good to us. Things are certainly chaotic at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll leave you with a picture from when we and Jamie and Will went out to brunch with Grandma Audie for her birthday. And just like that, July's almost over...

No comments:

Post a Comment