Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Picture Time

 

Matt and I have kind of an ongoing debate about whether or not to get professional pictures and what a reasonable price to pay is when doing so. Recently (actually several months ago and it was about to expire), I bought a Groupon for a photo session and 8 sheets with Picture People.


I'd never been there before. It's a busy place. We arrived for our 5 pm appointment to be told that there was a session ahead of us. The kids were getting antsy. Matt was getting antsy. So I decided to take the kids to the toy store a couple of stores down. Miles is great at cruising now (as he should be, since he's almost SEVENTEEN months old), so I let him cruise along a shelf. I turned to look at something Brooke was pointing to and heard a thump. I looked over and Miles was winding up - like, scrunched up face, this really hurts, "I'm going to scream" winding up.


And is it bad that my first thought was, "PLEASE don't have a black eye!"? He didn't, but he did have a bloody nose, poor guy. Luckily, we had another 20 minutes or so to wait.


When it was finally our turn, the kids rallied and did a pretty good job posing. I kind of wish they would've asked my opinion on a background. I probably wouldn't have gone with lint-covered-black, but that's what editing's for, right?


The ones of them together are my favorites.




This guy would not sit still or keep his shoes on, so we got what we got of him.




We were so fried after the photo shoot that we waited to pick out the pictures. I went back about a month later (and waited about 20 minutes). I had to pick one pose. I'm a horribly indecisive person and the kids were acting up, so I hastily chose this one:


We now have 26 of these pictures, so let me know if you want one. We also got the CD for a really good price, so I can't really complain about the experience.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable. Love the pics. We had a family photos taken this weekend and it was so much fun. It's amazing what people call "reasonably" priced pictures these days.

    ReplyDelete