Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Branson


Brace yourself for a photo dump. We spent the last few days in Branson, MO, with my family. It was a great option for us, because now Southwest flies there. (Sidenote: the Branson airport is the cutest thing I've ever seen. There are 3 gates, maybe 12 employees, and I swear it's made of wood. It made traveling feel so easy!) We rented a house a few miles south (?) of actual Branson, but it had plenty of room for all of us and a pool. The girls even slept in their own room, which I didn't think Brooke would be able to do. It probably helped that we ran them pretty ragged so by bedtime they were wiped out.

On our first evening there, Joel and his girlfriend, Lauren. were able to join us. We went to an arcade on the strip. The little guys "enjoyed" some quarter rides while the big kids did the go-karts.




They had a pretty serious go-kart track. Matt was proud of himself for passing two moms with their kids (including Krissi) to take first.



The little guys were able to ride the train.


I think the girls rode every ride they were able to. They were warming up for Silver Dollar City the next day.

 



Waiting for his turn on the train. Look at those curls!


After that, we went to an authentic Southern Missouri dinner at the Olive Garden.



The next day, we went to Silver Dollar City. Brooke was able to go on a couple of roller coasters and LOVED them. She also loved the log flume. I also got in a little "celeb" sighting as Barry Williams, aka Greg Brady, was a few people ahead of us in line for the Log Flume. Miles enjoyed looking at the goats.


And watching the frog ride.


And the butterfly ride. I enjoyed watching Matt cram into those tiny rides.


The boys and the water-ball-thing.


Tim and Matt on a roller coaster with the girls.


The Silver Dollar City version of a princess.


Why did I think this picture would work out?



Playing in the wood chips at lunch. Who needs rides?


The girls got wax imprints of their hands. It sounded creepy but was pretty cool.


Brooke tried to put up three fingers, but couldn't keep her hand still for all the dipping, so it ended up looking like a partially clenched fist. Still cute.



The slide was a little worn but that didn't stop Miles.



We also had fun hanging out at the house.



And enjoying the swimming pool. We let my dad watch the kids. Just kidding. Kind of.


We "rode the Ducks" on Monday.






The kids each got to "drive" the boat when it was on the water.


Miles was a little skeptical of the captain.








That night we had dinner on and watched the fire and light show at Branson Landing.

 


Photo bomb.


Too bad I'm the one looking awkward in this picture.




Last night. Family pic, minus Joel.


We were there for awhile, so we got to see the show 3 times. Matt said he felt like he was at the Bellagio. Haha.



On the last day, we attempted mini-golf.


And actually did an Old Time family photo. Kind of weird, kind of funny, but totally fun. I'm so glad we did it!


And the girls loved dressing up.


It was an awesome time and we were sad to see it end. I was really impressed with Branson and am looking forward to going back. Now, to gear up for the fall routine starting again. Hopefully I'll be more on the ball with posting in the coming weeks.

1 comment: